Tuesday, January 31, 2012

They say an artist's best work is revealed in the late hours of the night.

Recently, on many nights, I lay awake in bed. It is most definitely past midnight and I am trying to sleep.
Then a few lyrics will pop into my head and they're the some of the best lyrics I've ever thought up!
But you see, here is my dilemma:
If I get out of bed, turn on the light, and write these lyrics down, I very well may never get to sleep.
However, I'll spend the next hour or so repeating the three lines of lyric over and over again in my head.
I tell myself I will remember them when I wake.
And when the morning comes, I can not remember a single word for the life of me.
I think so hard but I never get anywhere far.
In the end I've lost sleep and I've lost my lyrics.
It's like my songs are out there, floating about.
They can't find their way back around to me.
Oh please, "baby come back to me"
I never meant to set you free.
Oh please, my lost words, won't you hear my plea!
It is your brilliant rhythm and rhyme that can help make my dream a destiny.


[xoxoSpazzyJazzy]

No comments:

Post a Comment