Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rhetorical Questions. (Part One)

Tell me, what do you do when you have feelings for someone who is out of your league?
Okay, some may say there isn't such a thing as "out of your league" seeing as you can't control who you fall in love with.
Not that this is about falling in love.
You’re not in love,  nor are you falling in love.
Rephrase.
Tell me, what do you do when you want someone who is out of your reach?
Not just out of your reach, but so out of reach not only physically but mentally as well.
Maybe not just that. It's as if the two of you run on different time lines.
The older you get, the less the mathematical difference actually matters.
To think that we grew up in the same place and then meet... well almost ten years later.
Just one of us happened to be ten years too far, or maybe the other is just ten years not enough.
What if you could relate with this person on so many levels, but you're still so many levels too short.
You know what this person looks for and you know that you're not it.
Tell me, why do you waste your thinking energy on the thinks that completely involve this person which you think, if only things were different, could have been thinking about you too.
You go through the several scenarios in your mind.
"If we spent more time together."
"If I stayed"
"If I had the guts to text or call this person out of the blue or to ask this person to  just grab a cup of coffee with me, or maybe as simple as to walk to class with me."
"If I had been older."
"If I had been prettier."
"If I had been taller."
"If I had been... a different ethnicity."
"If I had been more aggressive."
You keep on thinking about the ifs, ands, ors, buts along with the should haves, could haves, and would haves.
Then you realize you're being ridiculous because you'd never change a single thing about you just for someone to like you better or more.
The reason that person is your friend-borderline-acquaintance in the first place is because that person took a liking to you.
Now you just wish that you could admit, confess, reveal the way you feel and if everything goes wrong then be able to erase that memory and go back to the way things were because you'd rather be a friend-borderline-acquaintance than a not-anymore.
So you end up not taking the risk.
Rephrase.
Tell me, what can you do when you have feelings for someone who is out of your league? 





xoxoSpazzyJazzy

3 comments:

  1. good questions. ;) but can I answer them? no. because I've actually wondered them before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the composition of this. It keeps it really interesting. I also think most of us have wondering at least a little of the same things ;)

    The one sentence that I really had a hard time following was: "Tell me, why do you waste your thinking energy on the thinks that completely involve this person which you think, if only things were different, could have been thinking about you too."

    I think it needs maybe another comma, a little bit of shortening, or possibly just make it two sentences.

    Great job! Glad you joined us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is where the fun part of Red Ink comes in...conflicting comments! ;) The sentence Kelley mentioned is actually one of my favorite parts - I think I have a weakness for dizzying and repetitive sentences. But she does have a point that it's a bit jumbled. Perhaps "...which you think could have been thinking about you too, if only things were different."

    Otherwise, you have good questions and a brilliant rhythm.

    ReplyDelete