Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dear You,

Dear you, 


       Just when I told you that I give up on military men, you said something that I never expected you to say. You see, when I first started telling people that I think I want to marry into the military a lot of people acted like it was just a phase, like I didn't know what I was talking about. They kept telling me all the negative things about it as if I had never factored the cons into the equation. So I finally let the negative things get to me. How he would be gone for many months at a time. How I would have to raise my kids on my own half the time. How it's really hard to find a god-fearing gentleman in the military. How a lot of men in the military have bad tempers. I let them get to me and decided fine, no more military.


        Then you turned to me and told me what absolutely no one has told me. Honestly, I take your word for it because you know first hand what it's like to be a part of a military family. Your dad is in the military so I know that you miss him too when he's gone and that you know what it's like for your younger sisters and your mom. You told me that I would be a really good military wife. Why? You told me because I'm faithful. Not only that, you said that when he leaves, I know how to take care of myself and I will know how to take care of my children. When he comes back I'll be good at helping him "drop back in" to our lives as if he was only gone for a day or two. That I would make sure my children know what's going on and that they know their father. That I would let my husband recuperate if he needs to every time he comes back and that I would be good at preparing myself emotionally every time he leaves.
 

        I wanted to cry because I had always thought that I was capable of these things but I had never told anyone because since they had already rained down the cons I assumed they would just think that I'm just saying it because I feel like I have to defend myself. Now I know that I don't have to defend myself, I just have to be true to myself. You helped me see that because you know my true self and so you saw all these qualities in me and I didn't even have to say anything. I think in the same way it is similar to how I know you. I mean, at first, I never saw you with the man you're with now. That's because I had not yet known him and plus he was just a boy back then. Though the more time I spend with him I see how much you two fit together and I see how much he has changed into the man that you need in your life. 


      I'll admit I'm jealous of you sometimes because you really have not dated many guys and you've already found someone with whom you've had a committed relationship for three years. I find it amazing. However, when I find myself feeling a little jealous I remind myself that you went through hardships too and that your relationship is the ultimate example I should follow. This is why I stopped dating; because I want to follow your example in hopes that my patience will be well rewarded. In fact, because God blessed you so wonderfully, I know that He will bless me too and that I just have to be patient and continue to praise Him. In fact, you and him, your parents, my parents, even our family friends from church are all examples that God truly wants us to be happy and that there is such a thing as true love and marriages that last until we leave this world. I'm utterly and completely thankful to have you as one of my best friends. Even though we don't talk often, every time we do get a chance to talk or spend time with each other, I am just so happy and I get recharged and encouraged. You always encourage me to further my faith and trust in our God Almighty and I thank you so much for that. I love you so much from the depths of my heart and that will never change. You are not only my sister in Christ but also my sister in love. This goes for your sisters too and your parents are two of the best parents in Christ I could ever ask for.








I love you, 
xoxoSpazzyJazzy

No comments:

Post a Comment